This explosion of Mexican flavour will not disappoint! Awesome for the gut and wonderful brain food.
- 300g white fish fillets
- 8 prawn cutlets, shells removed
- ¼ red onion, very finely chopped or minced
- ¼ cup lime juice, plus 1 tbsp extra to serve
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp jalapeño Tabasco
- 1 tsp Murray River salt
- 1 tsp Mexican seasoning
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
- ¼ cup freshly chopped coriander
- 8 lettuce leaves, to serve
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered, to garnish
Cut fish in bite-sized pieces and place in a glass or plastic bowl with prawn cutlets and onion. Add ¼ cup lime juice, 3 tbsp of the oil, Tabasco, salt and seasoning. Stir to combine, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Just prior to serving, in a separate bowl smash avocado and remaining oil with the back of a fork. Add cabbage and coriander and mix together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Divide the ceviche between the lettuce leaves and garnish with cherry tomatoes and a sprinkle lime juice.