A traditional dish with a few healthy tweaks, perfect for a meal following a fast or if you just want to keep it light and fresh.
SERVES: 4 Portions
- 300g white fish fillets (mahi-mahi or snapper)
- ¼ cup lime juice, plus 1 tbsp extra to serve
- 1 tsp Murray river salt
- 250ml coconut cream
- ¼ red onion, very finely chopped or minced
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 8 lettuce leaves, to serve
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered, to garnish
Cut the fish into small bite-size pieces and place in a glass or plastic bowl. Add lime juice, salt, coconut cream, onion and chilli (to your taste). Stir to combine, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Just prior to serving, add tomato. Divide marinated fish between lettuce leaves and garnish with cherry tomatoes and a sprinkle of lime juice.
Tasty food is just the beginning
Add better sleep, a healthier gut plus informed meal times to the mix and you have the 4 Wheels of Health Program. Give it a go!